Sunday, 29 June 2014

Nails ~ Pop Art Nails



On this rainy Sunday, I have been flicking through Instagram looking for nail art inspiration and I noticed that pop art and brush strokes nail designs were regularly popping up, so I decided to do my take on the design :) I nails are currently a bit uneven and this design doesn't require long nails. Its great for hiding uneven nails! I wanted the base coat to be a bit more subtle than bright white, so I used Leighton Denny 'Chiffon' which gives a gorgeous pink tone! I grabbed a few bright colours from my collection (which where pretty much primary colours plus black and white!). The yellow is Bourjois 39 Jaune Trendy, the red is Miss Sporty 304 Manga, the blue is Hema 835, and the white and black are both from Barry M.

Next, I attempted the brush stroke effect! Taking the polish, I brushed off the excess amount on the rim of the bottle as well as brushing on a piece of paper (as I want the design to look like it has been dragged across instead of looking like a big blob!) I then used the polish brush to gently stroke on a sweep of colour. Once the primary colours had dried, I finished off the design with a couple of strokes of the black and white to give it that extra pop. Once everything had dried, I sealed it all with a topcoat.

This is a really easy nail design to do as there are no real rules, you can add as much or as little as you like!

Do you like it?

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment